In 2010, the Dodd-Frank Act created an incentive program to reward individuals who blow the whistle on violations of securities laws, commodities and currency exchanges, and the Foreign and Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). Whistleblowers can be rewarded with 10% to 30% of the total recovery collected by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
If you have information concerning fraudulent practices in violations of securities and trading laws, call the experienced attorneys of our Anti Fraud Law Group today at (800) 898-5192 for your free whistleblower consultation.
At Yoffy, Turbeville & Reichle, PLC, our SEC whistleblower attorneys can help you understand your rights and navigate the legal process in your whistleblower case.
Examples of SEC Fraud
Fraud that gives rise to SEC whistleblower cases can come in many different forms. Some of the most common schemes include:
- Asset Management Fraud: Committed by investment advisors, investment companies, hedge funds, and private equity funds.
- Market Abuse: This type of fraud includes insider trading and broker fraud.
- Foreign and Corrupt Practices Act Violations: Bribing foreign officials, politicians, or political parties.
- Public Company Misstatements: Using false accounting or material misstatements to influence investor decisions.
- Municipal Securities Fraud: Offering and disclosure fraud, tax or arbitrage-driven fraud, pay-to-play and public corruption violations, and valuation and pricing fraud.
- Public Pension Fraud: Violating accounting and disclosure requirements for public pension programs.
Blow the Whistle on Securities Violations
To be an SEC whistleblower, you must meet certain requirements and follow specific procedures in reporting fraud. For example, you must submit a formal complaint in writing to the SEC.
Our experienced SEC whistleblower lawyers can help you understand the legal process and file your complaint to obtain your whistleblower reward.
Call the Anti Fraud Law Group at Yoffy, Turbeville & Reichle, PLC today at (800) 898-5192 for your confidential consultation with an experienced SEC whistleblower lawyer. Based in Williamsburg VA, we represent clients throughout Virginia and the United States.
Confidential Case Evaluation
With our experience working with whistleblowers in multiple industries, including healthcare, pharmaceuticals and government contracts, we deliver professional and effective representation.
HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday Through Friday: 9AM – 5PM
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Follow I-64 E to exit 234 turning onto VA-199 east for approximately 6 miles. Take the Monticello Ave exit (VA-321 E); Turn left on to Courthouse Street and we are located approximately 100 ft. ahead on the left. Note that we are on the second floor.